New 8th Gen Intel Core Processors Come to the Intel Platform: Built for Business
Today Intel introduced new 8th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors the Intel® Core™ processor family and Intel® Xeon® E-2100M processors designed for mobile workstations.The 8th Gen processors incorporate Intel Octane memory a smart and adaptable system accelerator for desktop and mobile platforms using SATA-based storage technology.
- An impressive portfolio of standard and unlocked systems for a broad range of usages and performance levels.
- New system acceleration when paired with Intel® Optane™ memory to deliver amazing system responsiveness 1.
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 to give you that extra burst of performance when you need it.
- Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology), which allows each processor core to work on two tasks at the same time improving mul0titasking, speeding up workflows, and accomplishing more in less time.
- DDR4 RAM memory technology support. Which allows systems to have up to 64 GB of memory and up to 2666 MT/s memory transfer speeds.
- The ability to set an overclocked ratio per core with unlocked processors 1. When paired with select chipset SKUs to provide you more control and more granularity for overclocking 2 your platform.
Intel’s new i5, i7 and i9 processors are based on the Coffee Lake platform. They use 14nm++ process technology, which lets them deliver up to 41 percent more frames per second in gameplay or edit 4K video up to 59 percent faster than the previous generation with the same discrete graphics.They include the hardware-based Intel Authenticate multifactor authentication solution, which supports facial recognition in Windows 10. This functionality will be available on business systems from Dell, HP and Lenovo.